Our Kitchen Tips for a Happier Planet
Whether you’re showing off your culinary skills or just grabbing a bite to eat, we have some tips to help you to be kinder in the kitchen:
- Reduce your energy usage by cooking a big meal to share with your flatmates, rather than each of you cooking separately. Bonus points for using a slow cooker, too!
- If you’re just making one brew, don’t fill the kettle to the top. This wastes a lot of unnecessary energy.
- Placing a lid on top of your saucepan helps water to boil faster. This uses less energy, which is kinder to our planet.
- If using the hob, use the ring that best fits the size of your pan, to avoid using unnecessary energy.
- The meat industry is extremely damaging to our environment – try limiting eating meat to 2-3 times per week.