Sample Tenancy AgreementTerms & Conditions
- I have read the current standard tenancy agreement & room rate information and acknowledge that payment of the appropriate holding deposit of £100 enables me to reserve a room type whilst reference checks and preparation for a tenancy agreement are undertaken.
- I understand that CityBlock will contact me, within 3 working days to continue the booking process.
- I understand that the subsequent room allocation by CityBlock will be reserved for me for a maximum of 14 days from the date of this online booking and will only become guaranteed upon signing the appropriate tenancy agreement within this timescale (the Deadline for Agreement).
- If, for any reason, the Deadline for Agreement is not adhered to, then my allocated room will revert back to others on the waiting list and my holding deposit will be retained by CityBlock to cover our reasonable costs. Further availability may not be guaranteed.
- I understand that this booking may be subject to satisfactory references and I am happy for you to contact my current/previous Landlord.
Guarantor & Rent Payments
- If you choose to pay your rent termly, you will be asked to provide a UK guarantor for your tenancy.
- A guarantor is someone who guarantees the rent on your behalf (usually a family member).
- They will be liable for any payments that you cannot meet within the given deadlines.
- If you have a UK based guarantor you can pay either in termly instalments or annual in advance.
- If you do not have a UK based guarantor, you will be required to pay the full rent in advance.
- Your Guarantor will be required to sign your Tenancy Agreement and provide proof of ID.
Cancellation & Refunds
- I understand that if, for any reason, I cancel within 14 days of submitting this online booking and I haven't accepted the tenancy agreement, I will receive the holding deposit back.
- I understand that if, for any reason, I cancel after 14 days of submitting this online booking and I haven't accepted the tenancy agreement, the holding deposit will be retained by CityBlock to cover our reasonable costs.
- If I proceed to signing an appropriate tenancy agreement, I understand that I abide by the terms and conditions stated in it and I agree that my holding deposit of £100 will be allocated as a refundable tenancy deposit as itemised in my tenancy agreement.
- CityBlock will protect your deposit with a government-approved tenancy deposit protection scheme within 30 days from you signing your tenancy agreement.
- I understand that I can cancel my room at CityBlock if I missed the grades to get into the university/college I wanted. I will need to provide a copy of either the rejection letter from the chosen university/college, or a screenshot of my UCAS status which confirms that the required results were not achieved to CityBlock within 7 days of receiving my results. If CityBlock is satisfied with the documentation, my tenancy deposit will be refunded, and the Tenancy Agreement will no longer be binding.
- Landlords and/or Letting agents may share details about the performance of obligations under this agreement by the Landlord and Tenant; past, present and future known addresses of the parties, with each other, with credit and reference providers for referencing purposes and rental decisions; with utility and water companies, Local Authority council tax and housing benefit departments, mortgage lenders, to help prevent dishonesty, and for administrative and accounting purposes, or for occasional debt tracing and fraud prevention.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1988 you are entitled, on payment of a fee which will be no greater than that set by statue, to see a copy of personal information held about you and to have it amended if it is shown to be incorrect.
- We use Sage Pay to collect/process transaction information. Please see their security policy for more information - click here.
- All information supplied will be held by CityBlock and will remain secure and confidential. Your details will only be used for research purposes and will not be passed on to any third parties or used for marketing purposes in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- I can confirm that I have read and accepted the privacy notice.